Friday, July 20, 2012

almost a week now

It has been almost a week I arrıved to Dubai for the major change of my life. I came to work for a new company. In other words, I not only changed my job, but also changed the company and the country. All-in-one ın a sort of Big Bang approach!! I knew Dubai before. I first came to Dubai around july of 1991 when none of those humongous buildings and the fuss were around. It was a small but promising city for some uniquely different vision than any other Arab country. The matter of the fate is that my first time was also a part of a change. At that time, I was assigned to go to the USA but my relocation at that time was done in a way that I had to register myself working in the Dubai office of my company, but assigned to go to the USA for about 2 years. So, the destiny brought me to Dubai once again for another major change. After then, I came to Dubai several times, all for a touristic purpose. Interestıng thing was that, in one of my last visits, some of my old frıends took us out for a dınner and talked how happy they were to live here, and asked me to consider this. Back then, there was no indication of this job but I discussed this with my wife. It was a sort of farfatched fantasy talk, but now here I am. It has been a very interesting and tiring one week. I decided not to make any definitive judgement until I complete my full year of living here. Good or bad, no judgement, just living out of it. I am trying to motivate myself that everyone has gone through these stages and no one returned just because of the non-relocating. So, this means, I can also relocate myself somehow. All may not be perfect but can be adjusted as we come along. More on my memoirs soon.

1 comment:

  1. I want movers and packers services in Dubai so that's why I am looking for some companies then I found your blog over the internet. So, kindly send me your packages about Storage services Dubai.

    ReplyDelete